Enrollment for the 2013 Winter course has been extended to October 31, 2012.
Please read all terms stated below before submitting application.
To receive full course credit, and certificate of course completion, course participants will be required to:
- Participate in all distance and on-campus course related activities.
- Complete all distance learning lecture modules delivered by web board and or CD-ROM interface by given deadlines.
- Complete all pre- and post-course surveys, knowledge questionnaires, evaluations, and postings as directed (posted on the Cancer Genetics Community Link).
- Agree to complete prescribed post-course professional development activities as outlined in the Post-Course Professional Development Report (posted on the Cancer Genetics Community Link). Some activities are required to be completed at 6-months post training and some must be completed by 1-year post training.
How to Apply
Complete the Intensive Course Application. Submit the completed application form, letter of support and curriculum vitae by regular mail, e-mail or fax to:
Gloria Nuñez, Conference Coordinator
City of Hope
Division of Clinical Cancer Genetics, Mod 173
1500 East Duarte Road
Duarte, CA 91010-3000
email@example.com (note subject as "Intensive Course")
Ideal candidates are healthcare professionals in clinical practice with a minimum of two years of training or experience in either oncology or genetics, or experience in cancer risk counseling, including physicians, genetic counselors and advanced practice oncology or genetics nurses. Twenty five (25) participants per session will be competitively selected by the department directors, faculty and advisory board based upon academic and clinical background, and professional and institutional goal statements defining intent to provide clinical cancer genetics risk assessment services and participate in research collaboration.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance between October 29 and November 12, 2012, via e-mail. The non-refundable course fee will be due on or before November 16, 2012. Please note: The “go green” fee reduction will be given to participants who elect to receive all course materials in electronic format only (via HopeBoard and flashdrive), in lieu of a hard copy binder. (The course binder is comprised of printouts of all Phase 1 distance learning modules and some supplemental materials—approximately 550 pages. The binder purchase also includes the electronic version flashdrive.)
Please NOTE: Applications will not be accepted without the items listed below.
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter from your institution indicating that protected time will be provided for course participation, and statement that you will have institutional support to provide cancer risk assessment upon return to your community (if applicable).